- Registration. In order to access the Site or certain portions of a Site, you may be required to submit your Access Code to SAGE. Provided the Access Code is verified as being valid, upon sign-in, you will be asked to create your own username and password for the Site.
- Ownership. It is hereby understood and agreed that SAGE is the owner or licensee of all right, title and interest to the Site and all content therein. You, as licensee, through your use of the Site do not acquire any ownership rights to the Site or to any content therein.
- Grant of License. In consideration of your acceptance of this Agreement and the payment by you in full for the Access Code (if applicable), SAGE grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited license to use the Site as permitted herein and for the period of access set forth in Section 5 below.
- Access. You will have access to the Site for a period of 180 days from the date of registration. You will obtain at your cost all telecommunications and other equipment and software (including an Internet browser) together with all relevant software licenses necessary to access the Site.
- Use Restrictions. You may print one page from the Site for your personal, non-commercial use at any given time provided that all copyright and other proprietary notices remain intact and are prominently displayed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, neither the Site nor any content from the Site may be copied, republished, uploaded or otherwise distributed. You may not sublicense, transfer, or otherwise make available the Site or its content to any third party for commercial purposes or financial gain or use the Site or its content in any other media or in any other location. You will keep your Access Code secure from unauthorized use; sign-in only under your own username and password and not disclose your password to anyone; and you will notify SAGE immediately in writing if you become aware of any of the following: (a) any loss or theft of your password; (b) any unauthorized use of your username or password; or (c) any breach of the terms of this Agreement.
THE SITE AND CONTENT (INCLUDING DESIGNS) ON THE SITE URL(S) IS PROTECTED BY © COPYRIGHT AND MUST NOT BE USED, DISPLAYED, MODIFIED, ADAPTED, DISTRIBUTED, TRANSMITTED, TRANSFERRED, PUBLISHED OR OTHERWISE REPRODUCED IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN ANY FORM BY ANY MEANS OTHER THAN STRICTLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT. Without prejudice to any other right or remedy, SAGE reserves the right to withdraw access to the Site immediately if it becomes aware of any infringement of the copyright in the Site or its content by you and may terminate this Agreement in accordance with Section 14 below.
- Third Party Websites. The Site may contain URL’s to third party websites which are provided for your reference and/or in connection with certain tools and resources offered on the Site. SAGE makes no guarantee that such third party websites will be available for your use and encourages you to review the terms and conditions and the privacy policies of such third party websites. SAGE takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for your access or use of any third party website, nor does SAGE approve, sponsor, endorse, verify or certify information or any other content available on any third party website.
- DISCLAIMER. THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. FURTHER, SAGE MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SITE AND MAY MODIFY THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE OR LIABILITY TO YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SAGE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHERMORE, SAGE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OF THE SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER(S) OF SAGE AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE SECURE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR WILL BE ACCESSIBLE AT ALL TIMES OR ANY GIVEN TIME. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY, SAGE FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER CONCERNING ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE. THE EXCLUSIONS SET OUT HEREIN ONLY APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitations of Liability. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will SAGE be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of the use or inability to use the Site even if SAGE has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In addition, SAGE shall not be liable for any damages or liability that result from or arise out of your use or your inability to use any of the tools and/or resources offered on the Site or any other services that may be provided by a third party. In any case, SAGE’s entire liability under any provision of this Agreement will be limited to the actual price paid for access. Notwithstanding the foregoing, SAGE shall have no liability for your inability to register or access the Site or any of the tools and/or resources offered on the Site. If you purchased an Access Code and were not able to register or access the Site or such tools and/or resources, please contact your place of purchase for an exchange or refund.
- Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. without reference to conflicts of laws and without regard to its location of execution or performance. You agree that any and all disputes which may arise will be resolved before a court located in the State of California, U.S.A., to the exclusion of the courts of any other state or country. In the event a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
- Term. This Agreement is effective throughout the access period defined in Section 5 above unless earlier terminated as permitted herein. This Agreement will terminate immediately without notice from SAGE if, in the sole discretion of SAGE, you fail to comply with any term, condition, or provision of this Agreement.
- SAGE requires users to respect our copyrights. We likewise respect the intellectual property of others. On notice, SAGE will act promptly to remove content on the website which infringes the copyright rights of others and will disable the access to the website by anyone who uses them to repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that the website contains elements that infringe your copyrights, please follow our Copyright Notice and Claims Regarding Copyright Infringement Policy (see https://us.sagepub.com/en-us/nam/copyright).
- Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by SAGE.
Rev. April 2016